» Open call
dotART cultural association together with Trieste Photo Days festival launches an open call for the new project Chromantic: Light / Color / Memories through the Exhibit Around platform.
The Call is open from December 23rd, 2019 until January 31st, 2020. To submit the photos you must subscribe to Exhibit Around’s new user area, select the Chromantic call and follow the procedure for Single Pictures and/or Projects/Portfolios. Submissions to this Open Call are for free.
» Photographic volume
Only selected works will become part of a prestigious volume that will be presented at Trieste Photo Days 2020 festival (in October). A selection of photos and/or projects will become part of the Trieste Photo Days 2020 festival catalogue.
The best photos will be displayed in an international collective exhibition at Trieste Photo Days 2020. The venue will be announced shortly.
Exhibit Around will select one author that will be awarded with a free stay of 3 nights in Trieste during Trieste Photo Days 2020 to attend the Chromantic presentation.
» Selection and Fees
Only selected authors will be contacted by the Exhibit Around staff within February 2019 and will receive a publication & contribution request inclusive for all the above points to become part of the project and of the Exhibit Around circuit.
Logistics, organization, print, merchandising, visual communication, transportation, setup and photo reportage of the events is made by our staff.
- Each photographer can upload up to 20 single photos and up to 2 projects/portfolio with at least 3 to a maximum of 20 photos.
- Only colour images are accepted (NO black & white or sepia). We are looking for photos that use light in an artistic and original way, giving life to the chromatic elements and transforming color into an authorial language able to tell contemporary reality. The lesson to be inspired is Alex Webb‘s, pioneer of color photography able to range from urban photography to journalistic reportage. Each author is therefore free to infuse his own style in his works, as well as to choose the type of photography most congenial to him (we prefer street photography, fine art and architectural photography, but in general we like to support the photography of quality).
- Projects and portfolios may be accompanied by a brief description / presentation. Exhibit Around reserves the right to modify, edit and / or not publish it. The author’s name will always be present.
- We will select one photo that will become the cover image and the official visual of the project. We invite therefore the photographers that desire, to entitle one of the candidate photos as “Cover book”. The ideal image for the cover is evocative, it well represents the spirit of the project and contains “empty space” for the insertion of the title. You can find some examples of cover photos here, here and here.
- The photos must not contain signatures, filigrees, watermark or frames.
- Participants will become members of the cultural association dotART for the entire 2020.
» Upload Technical Specifications
- Only .jpg format
- RGB color
- File dimension lesser than 10MB each
- Smallest side minimum 2000px / longest side no more than 6000px
- No special characters in the “filename.jpg”;
To make sure to have the right order of the Portfolio, please add to your filename a sequence number (e.g. filename03.jpg, 08filename.jpg, …).
The submitting photographer owns the copyright to all of his images. The photographer grants the association dotART a non-exclusive right to use winning images to promote/publicize the contest and. The association dotART reserves also the right to use them within the scope of its own non-profit associational activities after sending an official communication to the author.
The Author, whose name will always be attributed to the work, maintains in any case his/her moral rights in regard to the work, in addition to the intellectual property rights to the same.